May 07, 2011

Sleep

Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 10.20 pm. For those of you who know me, you also know that this is a rare occurrence. This is also why this blog post is so late.

Yesterday was my final day of work (this week) and I guess I had been keeping myself a little busy. With a 43 hour week, compared to my usual 33 hours, I guess you can say I spent a little too much time at work this week. FYI a normal full time position in Denmark is 37 hours. But who cares with co-workers that are so great and when there is lots to do? I sure don't mind.

I just woke up at 7 am, after 9 hours of sleeping on the couch and it hurt when I took a breath. This happens to me on a regular basis, the breathing thing. I usually say it's whenever I sleep too much, but I think this time it had more to do with the hard couch and being curled up into a ball, than the amount of sleep, even though 9 hours is a whopping 50% more than I get on an average night.

I want to get something out of my day though, so going back to sleep seems pointless. However, I am also still tired, so this is a battle that will unfold between my mind and my body. Who shall win? This I cannot answer I'll let you know in my next post.

No comments: