May 15, 2011

Music.

Some people say love makes the world go 'round. I say music does that. Make the world go 'round. Music is like a big warm hug for the soul. We all like it. We all enjoy it. We may have different preferences as to which genre speaks to us, but what it all comes down to, it affects us, entertains us, sustains us.

I listen to music all the time. I like to discover new music. I like it when someone reveals an artist to me that I never knew before. I love to introduce someone else to my favorite artists and pieces of music. I love how music can set the mood. I will listen to a happy song, and instantly feel happy. I will listen to a melancholic song, and within the first few notes, melancholy will invade my mind.

I like it that way. But it also scares me a little. If music can have this kind of power over me. How much more am I ruled by my own instinctive emotions and feelings. Yikes. I'm not even sure I want to know. But then again, I kinda already do.

1 comment: