May 02, 2011

I am addicted to sunshine.

Actually most people are. I think that's a fair statement to make. Today the sun was out and my mood couldn't have been better. By stride was a little more bouncy, I may have whistled once or twice and the words 'skippe-li-doo' come to mind almost instinctively. But have you ever noticed how on rainy days people are more willing to bite back at you than hold the door open? I believe we are so addicted to the sun, that whenever it doesn't come out, we start acting like addicts in rehab. We only care about ourselves and our needs. Egotistical, selfish, self centered.

How about turning the rainy days in to sunny days? Go the extra mile for one another. Because it IS raining let's hold the door for a stranger, send them a smile, let them cut in front of you in the bathroom line. Who cares? (If you happen to be pregnant and have some one inside of you constantly kicking your bladder, you are excused.)

Less ME. More everyone else.

No comments: