August 18, 2010

Fall

This was actually written back in november 2008, but back then I only wrote in danish, so I did a little bit of translation. And here it is...

Fall… The leaves are falling slowly but surely to the ground! Very determined – ‘We want to come down, we want to get away, we are ready for winter to come, ready for the cold and hopefully also snow’. It is beautiful and it happens so fast. The sun sets earlier and earlier, and mittens and scarves that used to be a possibility is now a necessity. Wool socks are suddenly a blessing, and even the people who used cuss at tea and fireplaces, suddenly start to seek them out more and more. Christmas is getting closer too, but hush, we can’t talk about that for at least another few weeks, God forbid that we whip out the Christmas spirit too early, we might just run out of it before Christmas actually gets here.


Sighs…


But the good kind of sighs, the kind where you breathe in through your nose and then quickly let go, just to realize that you are exactly where you want to be – mentally, physically and spiritually. And then again, I guess there is always room for improvement. But nevertheless, am I left with a feeling of peace, I am ready for the snow and the cold, I just hope I will remember to bring my mittens.

No comments: