August 17, 2010

Doors


Door #1
I fell like I am standing in front of thousands of doors, just waiting to be opened. Each one of them represent an opportunity that I can take, or a direction I can choose to go. If I choose to open door number 1, it would probably reveal a wonderful room. Maybe even a kitchen, where I could cook all kinds of foods for the people I love. A place for great conversations and discussions to take place. A place for life to be lived, a place to love and be loved.


Door # 2
I could choose door number two and it might reveal a completely different room. It might be a living room, fully furnished with soft comfy couches, beautiful paintings on the walls and a rocking chair in one corner. A place to relax and have fun. A place to feel at ease no matter what the world on the outside looks like.


Door #3
Or I could pick door #3. Behind this door I might find a bedroom, it might have a huge bed and a build in closet, that could fit more clothes than I could even dream of ever owning. It would be a place to rest, but obviously also a place for fun. A place of great intimacy and of great responsibility.

All three of them would be great rooms. They all have different things to offer and I would love each one of them equally. I have to make a choice.
But how?
Am I even confident enough to make that choice?

If not, I'll just be stuck outside the doors, waiting.
The exact same spot as I am in right now.

No comments: