May 01, 2012

The very first of May version 2.0

Last year in may I committed to writing a blog post for each day of May. This year I am repeating that. This first post is going to be a post of retrospection and looking back over the year that has since passed. Identify the changes and constants. I mean how much can really change in a year? If you take me as an example, a whole lot can change.


The general overall theme of last years month of daily blogging was life and love, relationships and friendships. I asked a lot of questions and wondered about a lot of things. A lot of those questions now have been answered, but in the aftermath of the answers new questions are brought to life. A year ago I was single, now I am about to marry my dearest of friends.


He is lovely.


I have actually found the guy that can and will love me, not because of me but in spite of me. Not because he is blinded by love, but because he can see through all of the insecurity and pretense. See who I really am, even when I am trying to be better. Someone who looks at me and sees the woman God created me to be and helps be strive to be her. Someone who lifts me up when I am feeling down and helps me let go of my anger towards myself, the world or anything that might upset me. That one guy that looks at me with all my flaws and sees perfection. Not because I am perfect, but because he chooses to love me even when I am not. 
(Excerpt from my blog post 'Perfection' posted on May 9th 2011, past tense verbs have been exchanged with present tense verbs)


He is that guy. He makes my heart skip a beat. He listens to my heart. He comforts me and lets me comfort him. He cares for me and prays for me. He talks to me for hours and hours and never gets tired of my flow of heart. Because that is really what it is, an exchange of hearts. He prays with me, and learns with me. He picks me up, when I think I can't walk anymore. He is a man of God, walks faithfully with him and inspires me to do the same. Unchangeable, unconditional and eternal is his love for me.
O, how blessed I am.


We sin and we fail and we fall, but by the grace of God we get back up, we repent and receive forgiveness. He has been most good to us, and we will continue to run to him, with everything.


Two people, broken but trying; humbly pursuing. Stuck in a place where words fall short.

No comments: